Wednesday 22 August 2012

Rejected!


Well, earlier this week I got informed by the Windows Phone Marketplace that my game has been rejected and will not be put on the Marketplace because of certain faults. Specifically four faults.

The first fault was that the game would crash when on the pause screen when the user would touch continue. At first I was confused but when I tested the game afterward and it did crash. I must have changed something by mistake right before I submitted it.

The second fault was that the application would close when pressing the back button from some screens. I discovered this after I submitted my app.  Things worked fine from the main screen and “back” worked ok when you were playing the actual game but from other screens there were “issues”.

The third fault is that when music is playing from the Zune Queue the game will play its own music at the same time. I didn’t realize that this was a requirement.

The fourth and final fault is that the game didn’t have configurable settings for the volume of background music and sound effects. I had a settings screen but it was only accessible from the “Pause” screen and the “settings” icon I used was not as clear as it could have been.

So, this is a momentary setback. I will certainly fix the game; I actually have fixed most of the problems already. This week I will have to work and fix all of the faults that I have not already fixed. I will try to fix the faults as soon as possible, as I know some of you are waiting for my game to come out. Until then I will be working hard and I expect to get it done by at least the 25th and I might even add some features from the next version, which I had already started working on!

I guess it would have been better to pass all the tests the first time but I have to admit I learned some new things because of this rejection. “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!” (Cheesy quote)

No comments:

Post a Comment