Sunday, 30 September 2012


My game failed one time before this that I didn’t talk about in a previous article. It didn’t pass because on lower-end Windows Phones an application cannot use more than 90 MB of memory and according to the testing results my application exceeded that.  This meant in testing the ghost wouldn't move. Although when I tested it on my computer Visual Studio said my game only 36 MB of memory and I could run my game on the low-end (256 MB) emulator, so I don’t really know what the problem was but I do know there was one. Unable to figure out a solution, I finally just marked my game as requiring a device with more than 256 MB of memory.

That means, I finally got my game published and it is on the Windows Phone marketplace right now! I am so happy that it is finally out there so people can play it. I decided that all the stuff in the update that I talked about will actually be in Commando Ghost 2! Saying that, there still will be a minor update to the game. I hope you guys enjoy the game and tell your friends about it. I decided that this Commando Ghost will just be for interest (free) and then I hope to have tons of people get Commando Ghost 2 (as a paid app)!

Now I feel like I’m a master of submitting games because I had to try so many times it’s kind of funny. The next time I make a game, trust me it won’t take this long after I’m “Finished” to submit it, although I am 11 now so I guess I can have some room for error can’t I?

I’d like to thank everyone for their support and thank my family for motivating me and especially everyone who checked my blog to hear my story. It may not be a tale that a king would tell at his table at dinner but it’s definitely a tale around mine and it’s one I’m proud about because now I can finally say “I am an 11 year old programmer who has a published and it’s out in the world!”

I will continue to use this blog to talk about my adventures in programming and who knows maybe the next completely different game I make could have a ninja unicorn! I guess we’ll have to wait and see! (I always did like unicornsJ)

Thursday, 6 September 2012

A Minor Failure!

My game once again failed certification. All of my previous problems were fixed and I had to change no code. I can’t believe I actually forgot this and it is so minor that I submitted my game again a couple minutes later. I accidently forgot to put two game icons, so the icon that was displayed was the default icon. It was a quick fix, and once again I am in the period of waiting and worrying that comes along with submitting your game. I am severely confident, this time, and I believe my game will make it! One can only hope…